CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMSCreating scalable, editable, manageable websites with the smartest of content management systems.
Building a Website is only Step 1
IONA produces custom content management systems (CMS) for its clients used to create, edit, manage, and publish content in a consistently organized fashion. Many of the specific tools offered in our CMS are for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing of news articles, operator’s manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures. The content managed may include web content, electronic documents, images, and audio files.
IONA’s content management tools often include these key features:
- Identification of all key users and their content management roles.
- Ability to assign roles and responsibilities to different content categories.
- Definition of workflow tasks for collaboration and change alerts.
- Ability to track and manage multiple versions of content.
- Ability to publish content to a repository to support content access.
- Separation of content’s semantic layer from its layout.
Hmmm… Which CMS Should We Use?
Rarely has a project begun without the question: “Which CMS is best?”. We pride ourselves in the ability to work with many platforms and work within many constraints. Unlike most development companies, we are not bound by a specific toolset that limits you or limits future changes and development. We will consult with you, and your internal IT team members to determine the platform and CMS that is most appropriate for the skill set of the content administrators and long term management of the system. Iona is experienced with many content management systems, including:
- Fully custom content management system
- WordPress and WordPress MU
- Expression Engine
IONA has the ability to customize every CMS to meet the real needs of our clients. Many of the customizations which are required are:
- editorial processes
- search engine optimization integrations
- customizable template using drag and drop solutions
- authentication processes
- responsive design development
- multi-site networking
- streaming video management
- podcasts and audio management
- image galleries and media management
- e-commerce & fullfillment systems
- ad management systems
- user report systems