APPLICATION & SERVER MANAGEMENTYou focus on your business. We will focus on the management and up-time of your applications.
Step 2 – Maintenance and Management
Getting a website launched is only the first step. The steps to follow allow the website to grow and evolve with your company’s business. At the bare minimum, this means your company’s digital communications must be kept up-to-date. IONA works with clients to create the maintenance plan and software and hardware management to provide stable, lasting digital environments. At the center of maintenance, IONA provides core, theme, plugin, patch, and malware monitoring to prevent security breaches and to take advantage of new and improved technology.
The following outlines the basics of application maintenance:
- All Updates (Core, Themes, Plugins) to allow the site to stay up-to-date and not become obsolete – preventing the expense of thousands of dollars in a lump sum emergency rebuild when old software will inevitably fail.
- Compatibility Support (Plugins & Themes) to allow for identification of compatibility issues and any programming necessary to remedy any issues during software updates.
- Malware Monitoring/Clean Up. Preventative measures to reduce chances of hacks. Should hacks occur, the ability to identify and fix data before Google indexes occur on the site.
Hosting and Server Management
IONA offers hosting solutions ranging from shared server environments for small businesses to private servers and co-located servers for large businesses. Our commitment to maintenance and management of our server environments is at the heart of IONA’s business. IONA provides its clients with 24 hours a day 7 days a week hosting and management services. Key characteristics of our hosting and management solutions are:
- Planned Maintenance: A procedure by which servers undergo general and/or preventive maintenance. Planned Maintenance is monitored and is clearly and proactively communicated to our clients.
- Emergency Maintenance: A procedure by which servers receive emergency maintenance due to unpredicted events such as hacks, data center outages, or application failures. These are unpredictable events which IONA is able to move quickly to remedy. In such cases, IONA provides 4 business hours of Emergency Maintenance initiation after which best efforts are made to reestablish service within the next 48 hours.
- Backups: Each client is different, therefore a customized backup rotation schedule will be created to allow for full and incremental backups based on the needs of the client.
- Restores: If data should need to be restored due to loss or corruption, IONA provides restoration of the necessary data and service within 48 hours – 3 days depending on the cause, need, and requirements of the restore.
- Hardware Failure: IONA provides hardware failure service and maintenance that typically within 48 hours of failure or degradation. In such cases, IONA offers a keen analysis of failure points and the documentation of any needed upgrades to systems and networks for future prevention.
- Security Breach: IONA provides re-installation of the hosting server’s hardware devices, operating system, applications and/or databases as required by a security breach. IONA implements proactive intrusion detection software to protect the client’s services against interruption due to a security breach. In order to proactively detect and expediently act upon potential incidents, IONA maintains a constant and automatic monitor of the client’s services.